Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,uk.tech.broadcast

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

David Looser wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

David Looser wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote

Why should items intended for ESA
earth stations need to be inspected for US use?

Where did I say that they were?

Why mention that they weren't inspected for US use if they didn't need to
be?

The hardware had to be, no matter where it was shipped to. The power
wiring had to meet the standards of where it was shipped to.

And of course they are incompatible with the US market, they are meant
meant to be compatible with a European standard, wasn't that why the
ESA specified them?

Isn't that obvious? They wanted what they are used to using.

Well I thought it was obvious, why I why I queried the fact that you
apparently thought otherwise

I'm also confused by your reference to "foreign tourists", since when
have
tourists bought earth stations?

When have you ever seen brand new, custom built US $8,000,000 earth
stations for sale at a flea market? You are in such a hurry to find
fault that you don't bother to consider the meaning of the text.

I wasn't in a "hurry" to find fault at all. I actually spent some time
reading your post trying to decipher the meaning. But since what you wrote
was so vague and confused I asked for clarification of what you actually
meant.

In that case I apologize.

'Foreign tourists' here on vacation were buying them in Florida and
taking them to Europe because they were a lot cheaper than similar items
in the UK.

You are still being vague. What foreign tourists, and what were they buying?

And finally since when have socket outlets included voltmeters?

Since China sold them.

Well OK, I've never seen one. I doubt that they conform to UK standards.

They had UK outlets, and the 'voltmeter was about 1/2" * 3/4" like the
tiny VU meters that were popular 30 years ago in battery powered tape
recorders.

I could probably go to a flea market and
take a picture of one, if you need convinced that they exist. Even
then, you would probably claim they were fakes.

You appear to think that I am deliberately finding fault with your post. I'm
not, I'm simply asking for clarification of the meaning of your vague and
confused

There are too many sub threads in this thread to keep everything
straight Is my guess. I have had so many comments challenged by o
may different people that it's hard to keep them straight. I did put a
smiley at the end of that paragraph to show I was joking about not
believing a photo.