Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,uk.tech.broadcast

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Oh, but *I* have. Did some work on an American Optical installation that
used these some time ago - and just assumed the design had been changed
for something better by now.

Why change it? They have a damn good safety record, and there are over
a billion in use. Just because someone outside the US dislikes them is
no reason to change. There are multiple grades, from what I linked, to
medical grade with extreme low leakage. There are commercial grade,
intended for heavy usage. Think about it. Most plugs are rarely
inserted or removed, and the standard duty is fine.

The fact there are multiple grades says much. Better to use an entirely
different connector for arduous duty. Then there is no danger of mixing
them up.

How do you confuse the bright orange medical grade with the ivory
white or brown consumer hardware?