Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,uk.tech.broadcast

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

In article ,
Mike Tomlinson wrote:
In article ,
Terry Casey writes

Finally, the sleeving was changed from green to green/yellow ..

IIRC, it was to make it easier for colour-blind people to identify.

There's also been another change: the cores in T&E (=romex) used to be
red and black for phase and neutral, now it's been harmonised with
Europe to brown and blue.

You make it sound like 'we' were forced to adopt another country's
standard.
Flex colours were originally changed to harmonise the sales of electrical
goods across Europe - in the same way as our electricity supply became 230
volts instead of 240. Without changing a thing. ;-)
The flex colours were chosen so a colour blind person could still
differentiate between them - if, of course, he knew that the dark one was
line...

Permanent cable changed quite recently to the same colours.

Three-phase wiring has been harmonised from red, blue and yellow for the
phases and black neutral to brown, black, black and blue neutral. Yeah,
I know...

Red(L1) Yellow(L2) Blue(L3) now is Brown Black Grey

--
*Funny, I don't remember being absent minded.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.