Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default Interesting Cast Iron Cookware Article

. 3.70...
"PrecisionmachinisT" fired this volley
in news:172dnWnCVuhMAq_SnZ2dnUVZ_g6dnZ2d@scnresearch. com:

Though I have several, the #8 Griswold is usually my first choice.

Stovetop waffle iron? I have one, too! (and use it!)

Naww it's a just plain old cast iron frying pan, basically like what Grandma
used to have..

( actually, it IS one that Grandma used to have )

Anyways, this one has the "cross" logo on the bottom, in block letters and
so it's pre-40's, apparently

The numbering system doesn't reflect size in inches btw...no tape handy but
I'd estimate that it's slightly over 11in in diameter

http://www.griswoldcookware.com/unde...g_griswold.htm

I cooked a couple hamburger patties in it last night, they did not stick at
all--I could easily swirl and slide them around by 'shaking' the handle the
entire time...could have flipped em over with a flick of the wrist too,
excepting for the resultant grease splatter and the fact that since my
joints aren't holding up all that well anymore I'd rather not have to deal
with having wrist pain for the next couple of days g