Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Heavy metal! 950 caliber rifle.

"Kevin(Bluey)" wrote in message
. au...

I figure if 150 pound, five foot six Brits can go through some two
thousand rounds with a Henry Martini in one long engagement (Roakes
Drift) and still function,

That would be Rourkes Drift.
Kevin (Bluey)

Rorke's Drift

The film is "Zulu". "Zulu Dawn" shows the nearly simultaneous battle of
Isandlwana.

http://www.amazon.com/Washing-Spears.../dp/0306808668
It's an excellent book if you can get through some of the necessarily
tedious detail. AFAIK it's the only documented instance of a strong ruler
forming a powerful military empire out of a diffuse subsistence economy, all
others occurred in dim ancient prehistory.

The short version:
http://www.casebook.org/dissertations/dst-africa.html

One of the participants inspired "the very model of a modern Major-General"
in The Pirates of Penzance"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garnet_...count_Wolseley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSGWoXDFM64
Kevin Kline was superb as the Pirate King.

jsw