Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Stewart Jim Stewart is offline

Default OT unsigned title

Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Jim wrote in message
rangerssuck wrote:
On Feb 3, 9:14 am, "Jim wrote:

For me the worst one was trying to taxi a Cessna 152 with the toe
brakes. jsw

I never had trouble taxiing - left brake = turn left, right brake =
turn right.

I had a horrible time getting my brain wired to that.

I've been told that if you sledded and built soap
box type coasting cars at an early age, which I
did, your mind takes an almost permanent intuitive
conditioning that right foot means go left and left
foot goes right.

The instructor said it was a problem with redirecting my driving-wheel
steering reflexes. The airplane swerved too fast to think about what to do,
the response had to be instinctive, like driving on ice which I did learn
fairly well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyslexia
Quite a few Mensans had trouble reading, which they said was from difficulty
distinguishing right from left. I had a terrible time teaching them how to
steer a canoe from the back end. To me it was immediately obvious from the
start and I couldn't understand their difficulties well enough to correct
them. I think they were mostly left-brained, very articulate but poor at
spatial relations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lateral...brain_function

The Marine Corps method:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eXFxttxeaA