Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Lathe search

On 2/6/2012 9:19 PM, CW wrote:

"Leon" wrote in message

On 2/5/2012 9:17 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Sun, 05 Feb 2012 19:25:08 -0600, Leon wrote:

I have several 15~20 turning tools and I hate sharpening. I am really
seeing a lot of a new brand that never needs to be sharpened. They have
replaceable carbide teeth tips and some have 4 new cutting edges. IIRC
about $15 for replacement cutters. IIRC Craig of Kreg tools has
introduced this line. Only need about $500 total for all the basic
styles.

http://www.easywoodtools.com/

Here's another source - somewhat lower prices:

http://www.woodchuck-tools.com/Tools.htm

Their replacement carbide tips certainly are a lot less expensive, looks
to be 1/2.
Take an insert and go down to an industrial supply that serves machines
shops. Have them match it up. Much cheaper.

Any major name suppliers come to mind?