Posted to rec.woodworking
CW[_8_] CW[_8_] is offline

Default Lathe search

wrote in message

On Feb 5, 7:25 pm, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

The tools you are looking at are machinist tools, and you can find
many of the "bits" in a machinist's catalog. They are plentiful and
cheap. They can be resharpened with diamond files like these

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/206...tone-Fine.aspx

and their brothers. The only thing I don't like about those is the
fact that they are still scrapers, not cutters. I have seen some
lovely work in the right hands when using those tools, but never
finish grade work. They do make excellent shape roughing tools, as
well as the opposite end, detailing like rings, beads, etc, if you
have enough room to get the holder in place.

Robert
I wondered why it was that so many dissed scrapers but seemed to think these
were great. A scraper is a scraper no matter the material it is made of.