Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,uk.tech.broadcast
nesesu nesesu is offline

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

On Feb 6, 3:25*am, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
In article , Arny Krueger
writes

I'm not so sure about rings, but the doubled voltage looks good to me given
that I would have enough appliances that ran on 240 volts to be interesting.
I don't.

Think about it - your kettle would boil in half the time :-)

A colleague went to work in the USA and complained about the weedy
kettles over there that take forever to boil. *I suggested he take a UK
230V kettle over with him and run it off an extension to his stove
connection (i.e. 220V). *Dunno if he ever bothered.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Back arounf 1968, my sister sent me a "hot water jug" from Australia
which is a ceramic jug with a plastic lid and a bare ceramic plate
wound with coiled resistance wire immersed in the water at the bottom
of the jug. Since our kitchen was equipped with 'split' appliance
recepticals, I was able to install a standard 15A 230V outlet and
happened to have an ancient [1930s ??] adaptor that converted the
Australian 'Y' plug to NEMA 220V. It was indeed impressive how quickly
it would boil water compared to the then common GE chrome kettles.
I had to replace the element once [she had sent spares], but the jug
was eventually dropped and broken :-(

Neil S