Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT First CCW righteous shoot under Wisconsin's new law

On 2/6/2012 7:18 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 5 Feb 2012 19:48:43 -0500, "Wild_Bill"
wrote:

I speculate that the shooter wasn't prepared mentally for what he was about
to do.. it sounds like (I'm not gonna review TV reports or store cam video)
the shooter started his aim? near the feet and the stress caused his trigger
finger to respond in full-auto mode, possibly causing uncontrolled muzzle
climb (toe-to-head, maybe).

I wouldn't be surprised if civil lawsuits follow.. the posted "no firearms"
sign, for one reason.

For those who think that the guy was such a bad shot, I would direct
your attention to the video of the police officer and the criminal, at
a distance of approximately ten feet from eaach other, emptying BOTH
weapons and neither hitting the other. I wish I could remember where
I saw that. This was a trained police officer and he emptied his
weapon without a hit. The guy in this story got two hits, though not
disabling, out of seven. A far better average. When the adreneline
starts pumping things don't go exactly as planned. Until you've been
in the guys position and done better, perhaps it's better that you
keep your disparaging comments to yourself. Just a thought.

I agree.