Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Lessons learned on my first alt.home.repair mortar & flagstone job! (thanks to all)

On Sun, 05 Feb 2012 12:17:32 -0500, Frank
wrote:

On 2/5/2012 10:02 AM, Chuck Banshee wrote:
On Sun, 05 Feb 2012 09:04:02 -0500, Frank wrote:

I use my wheelbarrow for mixing concrete.

Makes sense. I'll try that this morning.

Considering the multiple uses of a wheelbarrow and infrequent need for
something to mix cement, it should do you.

Though I will say-- for the price- a tub has advantages.
You can mix in it while the wheelbarrow is hauling 'stuff'.
The flat bottom is a plus when trying to get things mixed.
Easy to pick up and dump onto a site.

If your wheelbarrow is metal, the plastic tubs are a lot easier to
clean. [Just leave them at the end of the day- and beat them in the
morning to shake all the dried mortar off]

My mortar tub is also my soil mixing and potting tub-- and a
mini-barrow when I'm doing pavers.

Jim