Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,uk.tech.broadcast
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

David Looser wrote:
The original plan, drawn up in the early '60s, was to re-engineer Bands 1
and 3 for 625-line operation once the 405-line service was switched off; but
it never happened. I guess that the powers that be thought that the spectrum
could be more usefully used for other purposes.

More likely they thought that getting the free TV from France was too
much competition.

UHF only TV's could not receive it.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, N3OWJ/4X1GM
My high blood pressure medicine reduces my midichlorian count. :-(