Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,uk.tech.broadcast

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

On Sun, 5 Feb 2012 18:38:40 +0000, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
wrote:

In message , Geoffrey S.
Mendelson writes:
[]
Someone said the last two years of 405 line signals were generated by an unusal
method, I think the word they used was "endearing". What was it?

That was me. It was in Eire. For the last few years they, like the BBC,
made programmes in 625 lines, and used a digital standards converter to
produce the 405-line signals for those with old sets. Towards the end of
405 line in Eire (last 5 years I think), their standards converter broke
down, and rather than fix it they used a 405 line camera pointed at a
625 monitor (more or less).

I know all about telecine, but teletele? That's a new one.