Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Rebirth of the American Chestnut Tree

Han wrote in
:

Steve Turner wrote in
:

http://www.americanprofile.com/artic...merican-chestn
u t-tree/

I hope they succeed! I'm too young to have ever seen a Chestnut tree
in the wild, but I hope I get to see one before I die.

Also check out the American Chestnut Foundation:
http://www.acf.org/

I am not going to say where I have seen them, but I have seen them in
NY State, under guidance of a naturalist. They are all saplings,
perhaps bearing a few nuts, then die of the disease. So they aren't
really extinct, but they don't ever get fully grown. I sure hope that
these "new" and resistant trees are going to make it, and that the
virus won't mutate enough to nullify the resistance.

Oosp, not a virus, but a fungus. Is totally different.

--
Best regards
Han