Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Removing broken hitch ball : Epilog

Jim Wilkins wrote:

(...)

Grab the disk between thumb and middle finger, hold screw head in place
lightly with index finger, spin on the arbor with the other hand. Sheesh!

That'd work if the hole in the middle of the disc were
a tiny bit larger than the OD of the screw. I could
just drop the threads of the fastener into the disc. Easy!

The discs I purchase have a hole that is somewhat smaller
than the OD of the fastener, so it takes two hands just
to grind the fastener through the mounting hole. It is a
dicey operation because it takes force to drill the fastener
through the mounting hole but too much force and the disc
shatters into two pieces. It'd be cool to have a jig that
holds everything in alignment to make the operation quick
and painless.

--Winston