Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default First CCW righteous shoot under Wisconsin's new law

On 2/5/2012 9:48 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 05 Feb 2012 16:37:56 -0600, Jon
wrote:

David R. Birch wrote:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/aldi-customer-wont-be-charged-in-shooting-sk42et0-138688529.html

I'm exchanging email with Nazir so I can buy him a box of the ammo he
used.

Hmmm, sounds like he needs better ammo, he shot the guy twice,
once in the FOREHEAD, and he ran off????

Jon

In the LEG AND the Forehead?

Id strongly...strongly..suggest he redo his firearms training.
Seriously.

Gunner

For once I agree with Goober. That was some pretty bad shooting. Seven
shots at the bad guy and not a single center of mass hit. That guy needs
a lot more time at the range. But then that is what you should expect
from most people. What do you think the average CCW holder does to be a
good shooter?

I can tell you not much. Most people with a permit shoot a few boxes of
ammo a year in practice if you're lucky, and that's it. So they aren't
usually very good shots. Then throw in the fact none of them has been in
a real shooting and what you have is someone with no experience and very
little time practicing. How do you think they would do when faced with a
real shootout? Probably about how this guy did.

What would have happened if the shooter was experienced with guns and
practiced all the time? I'd say the guy he was shooting at would be
dead. But you aren't going to get that in most people with a permit.
Lot's of them are old folks who can barely even clear a jam without help.

Hawke