Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Removing broken hitch ball : Epilog

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 06 Feb 2012 06:25:18 -0800,
wrote:

John G wrote:

(...)

They both have their place and it depends on your skill at doing fine work.

I concur! If I had nothing but the reinforced wheels,
I would have been working on that project *much* longer.
OTOH I was thankful to be working outside because the
fog of abrasive released by the standard cut-off discs
is obnoxious in a closed room.

What, you have no shop vac or DC to play with?

That'd work. Most the time I don't bother though.

My solar powered vent fan clears the room amazingly
quickly! Luckily I don't have to use a cut off tool
in an enclosed space often.

--Winston-- 'Somebody make an alignment jig to speed
up the process of mounting cutting discs?

Do you mean to mount discs to arbors or arbors to the Dremel?

Discs to arbors. Ya need a hand to hold the arbor, a hand
to hold the disc, a hand to hold the screw and driver.

An elastomer-coated gadget to hold the arbor and disc in
alignment with a screwdriver constrained to the center of
the arbor would be really neat for the non-Shivas among us.

Extra points for magnetizing the screwdriver to hold the fastener.

Or something else entirely? (Yeah, I'm onto you.

Yup. You are Larry, all right. 00

--Winston