Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Heavy metal! 950 caliber rifle.

When I worked for a small outfit in the late 70's, I went to a customer
that was located in the blue ridge valleys. Way up. They were an
REA Co-oP. The guys and gals made rifles in the shop 'to keep their
skill up'. One of the men had just finished his .50 black power gun
and the other supervisor was working on a tree gun. He was making
a 1.00 a 100 cal black power gun. The work at this time was on the
stock. The assembly was already tested on a sled. There was work
going on at a fever pitch to get the stock milled out just right so
there would be enough 'meat' to hold the assembly and barrel.

A tree would act as the shoulder. The shooter would be prone near 90
degree angle to the barrel - putting the eye where it needs and not
to take the kick back.

Martin

On 2/4/2012 3:15 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 04 Feb 2012 09:54:24 -0800, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."
wrote:

technomaNge wrote:

Awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=xohy9gWz7kk

Why?

What are the ballistics like? The range? Is there anything that this can
kill that a .50 or a .30 can't with one shot? Keep in mind, you'll be
getting back up off your ass after the first round misses, while your
game/target runs for cover.

If...if it misses.

Gunner

Gunner Asch