Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT First CCW righteous shoot under Wisconsin's new law

On Sun, 5 Feb 2012 18:24:07 -0500, "Wild_Bill"
wrote:

Fer****ssake, maybe the "6 or 7" rounds fired could possibly mean maybe 8.

And the assailant wasn't incapacitated since he was able to flee or
potentially shoot wildly if his shotgun had been loaded.. or pull a second
gun and kill numerous innocents.
A forehead hit that doesn't drop a person sounds like the two rounds were
grazes. I don't believe anyone runs well with a hot round embedded in a leg,
although I haven't experienced it, or the associated adrenaline peak which
may have be a factor.

The six rounds or more could've easily killed innocents who may have been
hiding behind something, or otherwise concealed by some flimsy material
(other side of a drywall partition, for example).

No one but the assailant could've known the shotgun wasn't loaded.. but the
shooter's gun handling skills aren't exactly worthy of praise.
Range targets are not people in an intense or desperate situation.. nor are
they near innocent bystanders.

I recommend that anyone giving ammo to a stranger should make sure their own
fingerprints and SSN are marked on each round.

Bragging about giving ammo to a stranger is something I'd expect from a few
others here in RCM.

Considering the guy's background, I'd want to be wearing a ballistic
vest when I passed it over to him.

Given the guy's shooting skills, it sounds like the best place to be
is right in front of him....

--
Ed Huntress