Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default OT unsigned title

Steve B wrote:
"Ignoramus31868" wrote

I do back up fine with a trailer when I can turn my head around and
look back. But I cannot do it with mirrors. I think, that it would
take a day of practice to get it.

When you lookout the rear window with a box back there, all you can see is
the box.

Steve

Yep BIG slab sides and blind spots large enough to eat a bus. Not so bad
with good mirrors and open road but driving through crowded traffic gets
your attention. The only thing the rear window on a day cab is for is
when you do a lot of D&H work. Then you have a way to cheat lining up
the hitch.

Also keep in mind that practicing without a trailer on is somewhat of
limited value. Once you have a box back there things change a LOT.
You might want to look around for a short pup trailer, throw that on the
back and learn how to maneuver it around in reverse and you will learn a
lot more.
You learn to LOOK at everything when you back up. Overall height which
isn't usually a problem with a P/U pulled trailer now becomes another
obstacle.

--
Steve W.