Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Removing broken hitch ball : Epilog

Wild_Bill wrote:
I dunno where your parts originated, but over the years, I've found a lot of mating threaded parts from China or India
to be completely unsatisfactory.

It is scary to contemplate other safety-critical fasteners that are
also 'accidents waiting to happen'.

Poor axial alignment is another issue that puzzles me. I could only tap a hole that far off if I was attempting to run a
tap by hand, behind my back.

Heh! Yup.

Since these overseas manufacturers don't reject parts due to poor quality, it's up to the end user to make the right
decision wrt proper/safe use of those parts.

That's what I found.

--Winston