Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,uk.tech.broadcast

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

Ron wrote:

On 04/02/2012 14:27, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Ron wrote:

On 04/02/2012 01:11, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Andy Champ wrote:

On 01/02/2012 14:10, JW wrote:
On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 12:40:58 +0000 Mike
wrote in Message :

In whill.co.uk, Dave
writes

Just counted up how many double 13A sockets we've just put into the
refurbished *half* of this place: 38. That makes for one helluva fuse
board if each was a radial...

Seen American consumer units? Huge, ugly things, bit like the Americans
themselves :-)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ricalPanel.jpg

Yeah, but we're smart enough to not put them in our living room.

Seen in a hotel room in Scotland:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l1...erWardrobe.jpg

That would fail inspection in the US, because the wiring trough at
the top is missing its cover.

It all looks a bit new, maybe the installation isn't finished yet?

How was he able to take the picture, if the building wasn't open to
the public?

I didn't say the hotel wasn't open to the public, it might have been
open for a century or more. I did say that it -i.e. dis boxes and cables
- looked fairly new. and that`s not a cable tray at the top, it looks
like two strips of plywood. I imagine that there should/will be some
kind of box around it.
That's probably the dis-board for the whole floor. I'm sure that it
should be safely under lock and key if it's in a public room

My point was that the lights were on. That isn't the case, prior to
inspection and getting a Certificate of Ocupancy in the US. If a US
building needed a major rewire like that it would be close until the
work was complete, and had all the paperwork is in order.