Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT unsigned title

Ignoramus27096 wrote:

On 2012-02-04, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Jim Wilkins wrote:

"Winston" wrote in message
Larry Jaques wrote:
Add trailers and things get giggly pretty quickly.

Backing downhill around a corner in the rain after dark with a trailer
is when it gets truly interesting.

Not for me, man!

--Winston

Backing a trailer straight across an open parking lot is a challenge for me.

Try it with a trailer with a bent tongue. Pulled forward OK, but
turned to the left when backing up. Had to replace most of the metal to
fix that problem.

Complaining about a trailer with a bent tongue is like complaining
about a gun with a bent barrel. "would not shoot straight"

You sound like the guy that told me I didn't know how to back a
trailer. I let him try it, and he was a lot worse with it than I was.
There was a 10° horizontal bend that pushed it out of line. Try it some
time, before you spout off. It was my dad's trailer. he didn't back it
up. he uncoupled it and turned it around by hand. It was short and too
light weight for what he needed, but he didn't listen when I told him it
was a bad trailer and bought it anyway. he didn't let me replace the
tounge until it snapped off. Loaded and on a highway. A chuckhole at a
stop sign, and the tailgate shot up into the rearview mirror