Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,uk.tech.broadcast
Chris Morriss Chris Morriss is offline

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

In message , Arny Krueger
writes

"Don Pearce" wrote in message
On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 15:21:16 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Arny Krueger wrote:
Several hundred dollars worth of 12 gauge Romex and accessories were
involved. Simple things like putting the garbage disposal, microwave,
and toaster oven each on their own circuits make a big difference.

Romex is roughly what we call Twin and Earth in the UK?

What you're saying is radial circuits are commonly overloaded in some way?
All of those (and more) would work just fine on the one UK circuit.

Current price for 2.5mm TW&E in the UK (for final ring circuits) is about
45 gbp per 100 mtrs before tax.

Yes, 12 gauge Romex is just about equivalent to our 2.5mm twin and
earth in wire gauge. The problem of course, is that in the US it is
required to handle twice the current that we use for the same load.

Does not seem to be true. My wire tables say 2.5 mm diameter copper is more
like 10 gauge.

It's 2.5 square mm in area I believe, not the diameter of the core.
--
Chris Morriss