Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT unsigned title

On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 10:19:54 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 08:43:42 -0600, Ignoramus31868

On 2012-02-03, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 3 Feb 2012 07:32:37 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Winston" wrote in message
Larry Jaques wrote:
Add trailers and things get giggly pretty quickly.

Backing downhill around a corner in the rain after dark with a trailer
is when it gets truly interesting.

Not for me, man!

Backing a trailer straight across an open parking lot is a challenge for me.

It's hard to reverse your thinking and drive counterintuitively, isn't
it? "To move the trailer to the right, turn the steering wheel to the
left." Then I look at double and triple trailers and get all goosey.

I do not think that you can back up with doubles or triples.

It isn't done because the 2nd and/or 3rd trailers have movable
steering yokes. It's like trying to push rope.

I do back up fine with a trailer when I can turn my head around and
look back. But I cannot do it with mirrors. I think, that it would
take a day of practice to get it.

It does take awhile to learn your mirror depth perception and reverse
actions.

The #1 thing to remember when backing up ANY trailer...is to make all of
your movements at the Bottom of the wheel, not the top of the steering
wheel when looking in the mirror.

IE..if you need to turn to the Left when looking into the mirror..turn
the bottom of the wheel to the left, and of course..the reverse

Gunner

Gunner Asch