Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,uk.tech.broadcast

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Don Pearce" wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Feb 2012 09:40:03 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

Type "1600 prestwick grosse" into Google Maps and you can see my house
from
several angles. Step a bit east of the default location for the best
possible view looking about north.

So many cables on those poles. What on earth are they all?

That really isn't pretty.

Agreed.

On the pole:

Two cable system local feeds plus the main lines for about a dozen streets.
Yup, two completely independent digital TVcable/internet/phone systems -
isn't competition lovely?

Analog Telephone lines for my house plus the 8 or so businesses

Large analog telephone cable for a goodly number of streets.

Electric 120/240 for my house plus the businesses.

The top 3 wires are 4800 volts 3 phase to keep the power transformers in our
back yards happy.

The pole also holds the battery box for one of the 2 cable systems. The
other one is in my back yard.

Since the picture was taken, the battery box was about doubled in size and
the wiring was cleaned up.

It sounds like they replaced the 60V 30A CVT with a UPS. We were
doing that in the early '80s, in Cincinnati.