Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,uk.tech.broadcast

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

Don Pearce wrote:

On Fri, 3 Feb 2012 16:24:45 -0000, "Mortimer" wrote:

Also it doesn't allow high-power devices such as kettles to be driven from
120V, hence the tendency for water in the US to be boiled in a pan on a
cooker hob which much be horrendously slow (I know from when I've had to do
it on a gas or electric hob when the kettle was broken).

I have one horrible memory of once being at a girlfriend's house in
New York (no, that wasn't the horrible bit). She was drying her hair.
The drier plug was hanging half out as they always do (bugger all
retention or location in a US mains plug) and it was almost glowing
red hot from the current.

So what? It was defective. A good plug in a good outlet doesn't get
hot. Since it requires calling in union workers to do repairs in 'The
City' people put up with crap that could kill them.