Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Festool power tools.

On 2/3/2012 2:42 PM, Stuart wrote:
In ,
tiredofspamnospam.nospam.com wrote:
Monster cables **** me off. They have made the cables very expensive.
Other manufacturers realize that Monsters are no different than theirs,
but to compete they raise the price to seem like this is not a cheap POC.

So the cost goes up. I have been able to find alternatives but its work.

Friend of mine was an amateur blacksmith. The guy next to him at a craft
fair was selling home made pottery and wasn't doing very well. On the
final day of the fair he doubled his prices and sold the lot!

People believe that if something is more expensive it has to be better.

And those people are the ones that may have been looking for a long time
and it would cost more in time and money to continue to search for a
better price. But just because it is higher priced does not mean it is
not worth every penny that you pay for it.

If an item is expensive and sells well enough that it continues to sell
at an expensive price then it is not over priced. Obviously people see
the value in the product that may be beyond what your particular needs are.

So for you maybe Festool is too expensive you don't require the better
of the products offered. For me I produce more and at a faster pace and
make more money using the Festool products.

And if you think it is a situation where some one buys a Festool tool,
has buyers remorse, and will say that it was not worth the price then
certainly they should be returning the product during the 30 day trial
period. And because these tool are expensive it is rare that anyone
buys a whole pile of Festool at one time like the so many cordless tool
kits that are offered by Ryobi, Craftsman, DeWalt, Skil, etc. So if
they were did not see the value in the product they probably would not
be buying additional Festool pieces. It is not uncommon at all for a
Festool owner to have several pieces over a few years. I personally
have 6 different Festool power tools that I have bought over the past
4~5 years and it took me that long to collect them and I have bought no
other brand if Festool offered the same product. Not saying I would not
but in every case the value was there for me. Top that off that I will
be the first to say that I do not believe in brand loyalty but with
Festool all of their power tools seem to be of equal quality and
versatility which is very rare. Most all tool manufacturers have a darn
good bread and butter product that brings in the sales and then most the
rest of their product line may be run of the mill.