Posted to rec.woodworking
Arthur Shapiro Arthur Shapiro is offline

Default Festool power tools.

In article , Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Now I am going to say that Monster Cables may in fact be better than I
thought and especially in extreme high end stuff.

BUT You have to think that when the clear insulation is 1/2" wide by
1/4" thick and the magnified cable inside that insulation indeed looks
Monster sized and then you see 2

I don't have any familiarity with the company's top-o'-the-line speaker
cables. (I use a different company's product.) But the Sigma interconnects
look pretty much like other good cables - a lot more substantial than the
flimsy little grey things that come with Best Buy sorts of components, but
nothing that will cause much of a visual reaction. It's fairly obvious that
the connectors are substantial, but that's about it. I believe the
corresponding speaker cable is similar - a black-jacketed product, not the
relatively heavy transparent look you're citing.

Now I'm sure there's a huge profit margin in the Monster cables I use, but
nevertheless they seem to be a really fine match for this particular set of
equipment. I just hate to see the company blasted because of their
proletarian stuff that is heavily marketed in mass market stores.

Art