Posted to rec.woodworking
Stuart[_5_] Stuart[_5_] is offline

Default Festool power tools.

In article ,
Markem wrote:
So the cost goes up. I have been able to find alternatives but its work.

Me I buy lamp cord for speaker wire, cheaper works just as well as
speaker wire unless you have some high end audio measuring equipment.
Then "the superior qualities" of Monster cable show up, it is not
discernable by human hearing range though despite some audiophiles
beliefs.

I remember a while ago, an article in the magazine "Wireless world" (now
Electronics World), in which Douglas Self, a highly regarded amplifier
designer, explained why he used "Woolworths Mains cable" for his speaker
leads. Tables of measurements were provided to support his view!

As Barry Fox, in a later edition of the same journal said, "There is no
doubt that most people who pay hard-earned cash for mumbo-jumbo witchcraft
will rather hear the difference than admit they were taken for a ride"

--
Stuart Winsor

Only plain text for emails
http://www.asciiribbon.org