Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus31868 Ignoramus31868 is offline

Default OT unsigned title

On 2012-02-03, Jim Wilkins wrote:

"Winston" wrote in message
I give lots of room and respect to semis backing
into driveways in traffic. It is very rare to see
them take more than just one try. I couldn't do that
to save my life.
--Winston

In Germany I had to be checked out on Army vehicles to get a driver's
license for my VW. Our small experimental unit didn't have a truck so the
instructor just checked it off, as he was due out soon and didn't care 'bout
nothin nohow anyway.

At my next duty station they saw the license and sent me out solo in a Deuce
to drive 100 miles on unfamiliar roads after dark, to retrieve our gear. The
best I can say is that I caused no personal injury or property damage.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M35_2%C...on_cargo_truck

OK, tell us, how do you like driving it, what was your experience. No
power steering, right?

The army base 2.5 hours away from me has those on sale all the time.