Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,uk.tech.broadcast

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

"J G Miller" wrote in message
On Friday, February 3rd, 2012, at 09:40:03h -0500, Arny Krueger wrote:

I live over a mile from the lake.

Does Lake St Clair normally freeze over?

Yes, but not so much lately.

I would guess that this year it has not.

Correct.

you can see my house from several angles.

No TV antenna it would appear. Have you never been
tempted to put up a tower?

There used to be one, but we've had cable for decades.

Do you watch CBET or TV Ontario very often?

No, but I watch the BBC USA channel on cable.

I notice that you are at the back of a mini strip mall
on Mack Avenue in which there are two vacancies.

Mack Avenue is solid businesses on the west side from Moross to Vernier, and
intermittant businesses on the east side.

Have these now been filled or have more stores gone under
since the Google car passed by?

I think we have 2 current vacancies. At least 3 new businesses have moved in
over the past year, and two that were active when the picture was taken have
folded or moved.

There is a major problem with parking. We walk or ride our bikes a lot, but
almost nobody else does.

Type "grosse kercheval henry" into Google Maps

Presumably you mean the area around Henry Ford Medical Center Pierson
Clinic.

Yes. We call that area "Villiage on the Hill".

BTW the building accorss the street at 120-130 Kercheval is owned by a
friend and was built about 5 years ago.

It is surprising how many of the newer building look quite similar
to new buildings that one would see in new retails developments in
outer suburbs of some European cities.

Completely intentional. Strongly encouraged by the town councils.

Many of the residences around here are also in a style we call "Colonial".
They sort of go with the stores.

BTW my son lives in eastern Pennsylvania so I know what *real* colonial
looks like and this isn't it. ;-)