Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Festool power tools.

On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 12:23:33 -0600, Swingman wrote:

On 2/3/2012 11:42 AM, Kerry Montgomery wrote:
wrote in message
On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 09:29:19 -0600, Steve Barker
BUT, i can assure you that copper is copper and no amount of money
spent on a name brand cable will change the sound coming out of a speaker

I'm not so sure about that. I think I remember reading somewhere that
electrons travel on the outside surface of wire. In that case, there
would be more outside surfaces on stranded wire than there would be on
solid wire. More surfaces to travel means better conduction and that
means better sound.

Dave,
True for frequencies much, much higher than audio.

As noted previously, frequencies "much higher than audio" (which should
be more accurately stated as frequencies above the audible range of the
average human ear) can indeed color/effect the sound within the audible
range of human hearing.

These "partials" (overtones, or harmonics, whatever you wish to call
them) are well known examples of this phenomenon of human hearing.

They are very real. I used to notice them. sigh

If these higher frequencies are not passed through any link of the audio
chain (including the cable), the lack thereof will most definitely
degrade what it was _intended to be reproduced_ for your hearing enjoyment.

One of the main reason why music recorded to analog tape and reproduced
by vinyl records sounds "better" to most listeners ... mostly noticed by
an increase in the qualities of depth, clarity and definition in a side
by side comparison ... than digitally recorded/reproduced audio.

I prefer CDs today due to the absense of clicks, pops, and scratches I
used to hear, even on nearly new vinyl records.

These qualities are most definitely not as subjective as they seem to an
untrained ear.

Or to older, battered ears, especially after the Acid Rock years. I've
given up my audiophile ways for

lj--Ask me about my Tinnitus!

Oh, THIS JUST I: Pass it on to Lew's 1-year anniversary "And The
Creek Keeps Ris'n" thread, will ya?

--snip--
On a bitterly cold winter's morning a husband and wife in Minnesota
were listening to the radio during breakfast. They heard the announcer
say, "We are going to have 8 to 10 inches of snow today. You must park
your car on the even-numbered side of the street, so the Snowploughs
can get through." So the wife went out and moved her car.

A week later while they are eating breakfast again, the radio
announcer said, "We are expecting 10 to 12 inches of snow today. You
must park your car on the odd-numbered side of the street, so the
snowploughs can get through."

The wife went out and moved her car again.

The next week they are again having breakfast, when the radio
announcer says, "We are expecting 12 to 14 inches of snow today. You
must park...." Then the electric power went out.

The wife was very upset, and with a worried look on her face she said,
"I don't know what to do". "Which side of the street do I need to park
on so the snowploughs can get through?"

Then with the love and understanding in his voice that all men who are
married to blondes exhibit, the husband replied,

"Why don't you just leave the car in the garage this time."
--snip--

--
Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
-- Thomas Jefferson