Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Festool power tools.

On 2/3/2012 12:07 PM, Swingman wrote:

What is getting to your ear, including overtones and harmonics, can
definitely be degraded by that cable.

Perhaps I misunderstood your context ... or you misunderstood mine?

No.

I'm saying that in the audible range there's not going to be enough
degradation owing to the wire chosen for audio cable that one is going
to be able to measure it, what more hear it audibly. The range at which
such effects of attenuation, reflection, etc., etc., is simply only an
issue at the MHz and higher frequencies; far, far beyond the audio.

Anything higher than that in the signal path that are modulated into the
audio range to form "color" are, of course, audible (that is, in fact a
tautology ) but even third/fifth/and higher overtones are still way
below the point at which those effects are significant owing to gold or
"extra-pure Cu" or whatever marketing BS they want to dream up.

Microwave, ultrasonics, highspeed digital, yes. Audio, no.