Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT unsigned title

On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 13:40:46 -0500, "Steve W."
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 08:43:42 -0600, Ignoramus31868

On 2012-02-03, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 3 Feb 2012 07:32:37 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Winston" wrote in message
Larry Jaques wrote:
Add trailers and things get giggly pretty quickly.
Backing downhill around a corner in the rain after dark with a trailer
is when it gets truly interesting.
Not for me, man!

Backing a trailer straight across an open parking lot is a challenge for me.
It's hard to reverse your thinking and drive counterintuitively, isn't
it? "To move the trailer to the right, turn the steering wheel to the
left." Then I look at double and triple trailers and get all goosey.

I do not think that you can back up with doubles or triples.

It isn't done because the 2nd and/or 3rd trailers have movable
steering yokes. It's like trying to push rope.

UPS transfer drivers back up double pups all the time. Triples are a
real chore, you have to really practice to get the third trailer hooked
up on one try.

I knew it could be done but have never seen it. Do they put some kind
of tension on the yokes to keep them from wagging at first bump, or
what?

--
Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
-- Thomas Jefferson