Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT unsigned title

On Fri, 3 Feb 2012 09:14:11 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 3 Feb 2012 07:32:37 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

Backing a trailer straight across an open parking lot is a challenge for
me.

It's hard to reverse your thinking and drive counterintuitively, isn't
it? "To move the trailer to the right, turn the steering wheel to the
left." Then I look at double and triple trailers and get all goosey.

For me the worst one was trying to taxi a Cessna 152 with the toe brakes. I

Cessnas don't back up worth a hoot, either.

can't leave a straight wake behind a sailboat either.

Interesting. People like that usually don't become machinists, DIYers,
or craftsmen. Congrats on overcoming it.

lj--whose last Cessna experience was flying it to Catalina Island from
Oceanside, CA. Dad wanted to land the little Cherokee because I'd
only been through high school Basic Aviation. My thrill was when he
let me take control, take off, fly there/around twice/back on my own.
Flying is a lot of fun. I should have gone to an aviation tech school
instead of automotive.

--
Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
-- Thomas Jefferson