Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Fascinating...the Tucker Torpedo Combat Car

On Fri, 3 Feb 2012 08:13:09 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message
This is his work- the former American pavilion at Montreal's Expo 67:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...tr%C3%A9al.jpg

.. from the era when countries such as the US and the USSR spent vast
sums to showcase their technology and prowess at world fairs.
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

The Soviet pavilion was a sick joke. They were extremely arrogant about
their superiority and blind to better stuff in other exhibits and local
stores. I had to wonder if the Soviet personnel were permitted to wander
around on their own or leave the island, lest they defect.

I learned to use chopsticks at the Japanese pavilion, saw the first small
Honda generator and had a truly horrible meal at the French restaurant.

jsw

Fond memories...I was 19 in '67, drank myself silly in Quebec,
vomitted in my sleeping bag and acquired a smell that stayed with me
for days. It helped when I was standing in line to get into the
exhibits but the French Canadian girls kept their distance.

--
Ed Huntress