Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default OT unsigned title

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 3 Feb 2012 07:32:37 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

wrote in message
Larry Jaques wrote:
Add trailers and things get giggly pretty quickly.

Backing downhill around a corner in the rain after dark with a trailer
is when it gets truly interesting.

Not for me, man!

Backing a trailer straight across an open parking lot is a challenge for me.

It's hard to reverse your thinking and drive counterintuitively, isn't
it? "To move the trailer to the right, turn the steering wheel to the
left." Then I look at double and triple trailers and get all goosey.

I give lots of room and respect to semis backing
into driveways in traffic. It is very rare to see
them take more than just one try. I couldn't do that
to save my life.

--Winston