Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bread Machine recommendation. Want one NOT made in China.

On 2/3/2012 4:36 AM, Juan Deere wrote:

The Chinese can make good stuff when they want to or are encouraged to
by the company they're manufacturing for. ^_^

TDD

I suppose that's true but it still leaves us with the trade deficit
problem.

US residents that buy Chinese products must really hate their children.

Personally I love children, they're great with barbeque sauce and the
toes are the crunchy part. As far as purchasing Chinese products, it's
very difficult to find commodities that are not made in China. It seems
to me that every time I buy screws, nuts, bolts or pipe fitting it has
China stamped on the box or item itself. I've had to replace a lot of
capacitors in air conditioning units and it's almost impossible to find
a replacement part that's not made in China. I imagine that most of the
manufacturers would rather be in the U.S. if not for over regulation by
the government and the outrageous behavior of some labor unions that
make production costs unbearable. Most of our manufacturers have been
run off to China and other countries that are not hostile toward
businesses. I remember when personal computers were manufactured in The
United States, a desktop PC would cost around $5,000.00 and was state of
the art at the time but nowhere near the value you can get today just
about anywhere. O_o

TDD