Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Festool power tools.

On 2/2/2012 9:55 PM, Doug Winterburn wrote:
On 02/02/2012 05:10 PM, Leon wrote:
On 2/2/2012 4:00 PM, Mike M wrote:
On Thu, 02 Feb 2012 13:47:12 -0600, wrote:

On 2/2/2012 1:14 PM, Leon wrote:
On 2/2/2012 12:10 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Sure as hell aint worth the extra USD700 over a Dewalt 18V.

Well I only paid about $350 more that a DeWalt. New mine was is only
$575. Not sure where you are getting your pricing.
But does did your DeWalt have the right angle attachment, eccentric
and
quick drive change attachment?

As someone other than a hobbyist, I'll buy a tool any day that in ten
years will have cost you less than $5/month, and you're still good
to go
for another ten, and more.

Festool's not for everyone ... until you experience what owning a
Festool can do for making you money, most simply won't "get it".

Hell, the Festool _dust collection_ ability alone has literally
saved me
enough in _onsite dust control measures_ to easily pay for the rest of
my Festool aresenal five times over.

You bet I can justify owning Festool ... at twice the price if
necessary.

When I first got the Rotek sander it threw me for a loop. I was
used to judging how much had been done by the sawdust. I had to keep
checking to be sure it was sanding because there wasn't any sawdust.

Mike M

LOL I just got through mentioning that about the Festool detail sander.

I did not have as much trouble with the Rotex which I got first as it is
relative easy to see the progress on the work. Going to a finish sander
where you are not reshaping so to speak really concerned me.

AND THE PAPER! It seldom looks worn out, I had to learn to give it a
finger feel on a regular basis.

Did you wear one of those festering proctologist gloves?

Noo000000ooooooo. I did not have to insert my finger, merely stroke it. ;~)