Lyndell Thompson

Default Help finding old router part

Jon, Got one around here that the armature went south on it. Not sure on
the number will try to check for number. I always keep small parts like
that. I need more info though. Is it the collet nut you are after or does
this nut go elsewhere? Is it 1/4 or 1/2" collet if the answer to the above
question is yes? The old router I have is a 1/4" collet. Also a company in
Louisville Ky called "Tool repair service" seems to be able to get
anything. Will try to get you a phone number tomorrow. Lyndell

"Jon" wrote in message
om...
I've got an older (10-15 years?) Craftsman router model 315.17380 and
need a replacement part. The notched hex nut broke the other day, and
when I tried to order the part through the Craftsman website I was
told the part was no longer available. After calling their help line,
they suggested my local Sears parts store (in Albuquerque), which was
also unable to locate the part. I like this router and really don't
want to have replace it because of a $0.50 part. Any suggestions?
Part number is 1-623793-01.
Thanks!
Jon