Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default Sliding compound miter saws.

On 2/1/2012 11:32 PM, Dave wrote:
On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 21:30:23 -0600, Steve Barker

I suspect they probably have the K$N air filter syndrome. No one likes
to admit after they spend bucoo bucks that they screwed up.

yes, i went ahead and bought the 5412 and the dust port is a joke. It
came with this little wire supported bag thingy and i've made maybe two
dozen cuts and there is not one speck of sawdust in the bag. Having
said all that, it doesn't bother me, because i have a broom and am gonna
sweep up afterwards anyway. I expect saw dust in a wood working area.

The first paragraph above is a comment you made from the SawStop
thread and the second paragraph is you commenting about how a
particular aspect of a tool is a joke.

Thanks for making my point. SawStop, dust hood, whatever, people talk.
If the SawStop didn't perform to specs, people would talk. It doesn't
mater what kind of prevention Gass might take, if the SawStop didn't
work properly, we'd hear about it.

Ever heard any of these gear head geeks tell you their K$N filter did
NOT improve their mileage and performance? I can tell you the science
says they won't, AND they pass more dirt in the process of failing. Not
ONE K$N filter owner will admit they wasted their money, and they know
damn good and well it didn't do a THING for their **** ant vehicle they
put it on.

--
Steve Barker