Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Kevin Miller[_2_] Kevin Miller[_2_] is offline

Default Woodworking at its best.....

On 02/02/2012 06:24 AM, Dr. Deb wrote:
jloomis wrote:

Making way for more sunshine.
What a task.
john

Since its redwood and fir, I am not sure I would be drooling to get my hands
on some to turn. Though I must admit, I have never turned any redwood, it
could be okay. Fir, no thanks.

If there were any burls on the redwood it would be nice to turn. It's
soft, so lends itself more to artistic pieces than utility ones. Bill
Luce does some really nice stuff with fir, but like you, I don't have
any particular desire to turn it.

It would go well with my fireplace though...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska