Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels[_3_] Lee Michaels[_3_] is offline

Default Festool power tools.

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
On 2/2/2012 7:20 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Leon wrote:

If you are a hobbyist, the price will look high unless you appreciate
quality and a tool that will last.

A tool that will last? Hell Leon, I figured out the secret to buying
tools
that will last a long time ago - cheap tools that last. All I have to do
is
tell my wife "I should never have bought this cheap POS - as soon as it
burns out, I'm just going to spend the money on a good one..."

Sure 'nuff... once those words are uttered the damned POS refuses to die.

Damn I have always danced around that fact and never realized what it all
meant.

I had to garage sale my PC detail sander to actually get rid of it in a
reasonably responsible way.

Three comments;

First; I know exactly what is meant about a crap tool that won't die. Why
is it when you have a tool you want to die, it lives forever? And a tool
you want to live, it dies? Sorta like some people I can think of...

Second; I had a couple of the PC sanders. After using them for a day or
two, may hand would go numb. Particularly that vertical finish sander.
They may have been state of the art at one time, but they did not like my
hands! Porter Cable became irrelevant years ago. Good Riddance!

Third; I can't help but wonder, where does the guy who buys Leon's tools at
a garage sale fit in the hierarchy of woodworkers? I know that Leon is at
the top of the pecking order. I guess this guy is about half way between
Festool and Sears Craftsman.