Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_2_] John Grossbohlin[_2_] is offline

Default Festool power tools.

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
On 2/1/2012 5:46 PM, David Paste wrote:

If you are a hobbyist, the price will look high unless you appreciate
quality and a tool that will last.

If you are a pro and or make a living with your tools you will find that
the price is reasonable.

Festool is one of a few manufacturers that has enough pride in what it
does to actually design and manufacture the product themselves. Naturally
they know what they are doing, know how to build a tool, and that is going
to cost more money than buying a "clone tool" made in China.

Where time is money, Festool delivers top quality results in less time.

Imagine cutting 200 "clean precision sized" mortises. Now imagine doing
them in less than an hour.

Imagine sanding with a belt sander. Now imagine sanding with a finish
sander that will sand as fast as a belt sander with no dust and little
noise by comparison.

Imagine building fine furniture and making your cuts with a circular saw.
Now imagine a circular saw the cuts as good as a cabinet table saw, makes
plunge cuts, puts a fine straight edge on a board faster than a jointer,
and contains 95% of the saw dust.

Imagine a shop vac. Now imagine a dust extractor that has a hepa filter,
so quiet that you cannot hear it running when working with a connected
power tool, and allows you to stack all of your power tools in top.

Imagine a cordless drill. Now imagine one that does not rattle and
clatter when you have reached the desired torque setting but simply stops
turning and sounds a tone to indicate that you have reached the desired
torque setting and will not continue until you release and pull the
trigger again, one that has a right angle, eccentric, quick change chuck
for drivers, and will continue to run if you drop it in a bucket of water.

I witness this every time I use these tools.

Leon,

Sounds like you could be supplementing your income by being a copy writer
for Festool. ;~)

One of my local associates, whom has a commercial shop, has a shelf unit
full of Festool in his shop. I recently saw him sell off some Dewalt
tools... Seems he found the same things you did...

John