Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bread Machine recommendation. Want one NOT made in China.

On Feb 1, 10:25*pm, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 10:28:16 -0800 (PST), "

wrote:
That is just totally bogus. *There is a whole process of
qualifying vendors. *A responsible company doesn't just
find a company in China or anywhere and then take and
ship their product. *You inspect their facitlities, see what
they are doing, do random quality inspection of incoming
product. *This isn't anything new. *This is how business has been done
for a LONG time.

You ship me garbage and you're out

One of our customers provides us with a fabricated metal part
consisting of some steel wire welded in a grid and a couple of thin
steel strips and it is bent to a "U" shape. *We use it in a product we
mold for them.

They have two suppliers, one in Ohio, the other in China. *One arrives
perfectly stacked in crates on pallets and every part is identical and
usable. *The other arrives tacked on pallets falling over, bottom
parts are bent and scrap and sometimes have to be slightly bent to fit
right. *Would you prefer to buy the cheaper and better?

We also buy some tooling from China. *Quality is as good, delivery is
half the time and half the price. *I'd rather buy US products, but our
customers will not pay the price.

Yes, some junk comes from China, but it is often the crappy designs
the US management is sending over in search of bigger profits. Thinner
metal, smaller bearings, you've seen it. *Appliances have been
downgraded for years , both here and abroad.

Yes, I agree. You can't just blame it on the foreign
vendor, as if the US company has no control. The
US company comes up with the spec for the product
and should be able to measure the incoming product
against it using standard quality control practices.