Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Festool power tools.

On 2/1/2012 6:26 PM, Dave wrote:
On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 15:46:30 -0800 (PST), David Paste
So why are they so costly? And more importantly, are they worth the
money?

It depends on what you're looking for. When you get into the finer
aspects of woodworking, the difference between top notch and a little
less so is reasonably fine.

Most every Festool owner (and I am one of them), really likes the dust
collection of their tools. This includes their routers and their
sanders. The first Festool I ever bought was the Domino, which is a
unique tool.

If you feel you need some type of impetus to push you over the edge
when it comes to buying, I'd suggest the Domino as a first purchase.
And most definitely yes, it is expensive. But then, it stands far
above your average doweling jig or biscuit joiner. Most every Festool
dealer holds a 'Festool day' once in awhile. You should attend one or
find a dealer that does. Until then, you can check out the Festool
Owner's Group which is a web site dedicated to everything woodworking
as well as other topics. It's for everybody, not just for use by
Festool owners.

Not to mention that with the 30 day money back guarantee you can't be
fooled into buying something that does not live up to or beyond your
expectations.