Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rebuilding a Mass Air Flow Sensor

On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 20:29:22 -0800, "Guv Bob"
wrote:

This has absolutely nothing to do with RCM, but you fellers are the highly intelly gent, worldly types (not unlike my self... hyuk hyuk) only smarter.

Anyway, I need to either figure out how to rebuild the air flow sensor assy on an old Eclipse or shell out $400+ for a rebuilt one or donate it for next to nothing off my taxes.

Anyone have any tips on rebuilding one of these or know anyone who can do it? I got no responses from the car groups, and thought maybe one of the electronics RCM gurus here might point me in the right direction with this.

It goes on a 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse (same as Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser). This one's DOHC non-turbo.

Here's the sensor:
http://tinyurl.com/MassAirFlowSensor-90-Eclipse

New part is $650, used is $450. None at the local junk yards around here.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

http://www.ebay.com/itm/90-91-92-93-...-/220890890786

buy it now of $55.00