Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default OT unsigned title

On 2/1/2012 3:00 PM, Jon Elson wrote:
Ignoramus32500 wrote:

I have not decided how to register it, but that was not my question,
my question is what to do with a blank title.

At least in Missouri, and with a commercial dealer as the seller, the title
is a worthless piece of fancy paper. What COUNTS is the documents submitted
directly by the dealer to the DMV. They will issue a NEW title made out to
you after you pay the property taxes on the vehicle and register it.
At least, this is what happens in MO when you buy a vehicle for cash.

Well, that's likely what would happen in IL, too, if it were actually a
dealer. This is/was a private sale/auction, though.