Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Vizio parts

On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 10:16:37 -0800 (PST), Jeff Urban
wrote:

Certainly not Vizio :
http://gadgetbox.msnbc.msn.com/_news...e-unrepairable

Cute. I stupidly bought a Polaroid TV from Circuit City without
checking the service arrangements. No docs, no schematics, no
service, and of course, no parts.

That means you need to operate like a junkyard now. Groups like this
might become like a parts wanted BBS because that's the only way most
of this junk is going to get fixed.

Yep. Welcome to eBay parts and pieces:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=vizio+parts
5000 items for sale. The problem is that most of the boards are
really guaranteed and are probably pull-outs.

I do much the same thing when I have a TV that's not worth fixing
(i.e. broken LCD screen). I part it out, and sell the pieces on eBay.
If I know the board is bad, it goes to the recyclers.

Maybe I should go into vintage audio. Or make doughnuts.

I'm drifting into fixing sewing machines. If it moves, it breaks.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D